ZSE44 In Fridge

Good Morning… I noticed a thread about using the ZSE44 outdoors… for those that did, what is your battery life like?

I’m curious because I’ve decided to put a ZSE44 in each of my three fridges to monitor temp. (Not the freezer, just the fridge… so far anyway) and was curious what battery nightmare I might be in for. :low_battery:

I know - It isn’t a recommended use case.. but…

[I just couldn’t deal with an external temp sensor with a probe and external power (I actually built two, one based on a Shelly add-on and another on a Shelly Uni), but modifying the door gasket to have the probe wire go through makes me nervous. And the overall contraption is ugly. :weary_face:

The ZSE44 works great, is easy and, well, it’s from my favorite manufacturer on my favorite protocol. :star: :smiley: ]

1 Like

Mine would probably be fine to go much longer than I let it go. I’ve been replacing the battery in that one on my patio basically once a year, just to prevent any problems when it gets cold. (Its not low when I chnage it, but it does drop in the cold weather)

2 Likes

I have had a ZSE44 in one fridge for 2 years now. No drama or problem. I change the battery annually and that has seemed to work. I am away from this home for months at a time so I just need this to work and it hasn’t disappointed.

I also use a couple zigbee Third reality temp/humidity sensors in another home in both a fridge and in a chest freezer. Both of those have worked well for well over a year.

1 Like

I have had one outside for a couple years and changed the battery once after it was under 25% and I was going away for the summer. I have the reporting frequency set for 120 minutes so depending on how yours is set it would probably effect battery life.

1 Like