Is the ZSE43 800LR coming back any time soon? I’ve been hoping to grab a few since December. Just wondering if I should give up and make something else work. Thanks!
We’re finalizing firmware on the new redesigned version and hope to get the product back on the shelves in late July.
I’m going to be curious to check that out - thanks for the update, Agnes!
Thanks for the update!
Definitely good news, I’ve also been waiting a long time for this to return. At least it seems like a long time.
It’s been a while! We decided to re-engineer the sensor and just couldn’t stop innovating around both hardware and software
But we’re almost there! ![]()
Thanks for the update! I thought I saw them on your Canadian store, purchased 2 only to receive them and notice that I can’t apparently read… Open/Close is not Tilt… ![]()
Will be keeping an eye out for when they are available in Canada!
Just wondering if there’s any ETA on these to be available at Aartech…? Is the re-engineering complete?
Not quite yet! We’re in the sample testing process, so we’re hopeful for an August release in the US, which will be followed shortly after by availability in Canada and other locations.
Ok, thanks! Really looking forward to it!
For anyone curious, the product page now says:
"BACK IN STOCK ETA: NEW HARDWARE VERSION 9/15/2026"
Can you share what has changed?
I’ll be frank that I had nothing but problems with the 2x ZSE43 I have on my garage doors (they are reliable only maybe 95% of the time - which isn’t great, and not good enough to rely on - in terms of indicating door position).
Hi @Botched1,
I was part of Zooz’s beta for this new version, and published my review findings here:
ZSE43 Tilt / Shock Sensor Beta Test Video
I’ve had the sensor attached to my garage door for the past 2 weeks (since I shot that review video), and so far it’s been 100% reliable. The major difference is the change in the internal mechanism, which uses a triaxial accelerometer instead of the traditional mechanical tilt sensor. The accelerometer uses gravity to determine the device’s orientation and position. (there are also changes to the battery and the form factor/size)
Because of this, there is a new calibration process that you perform during the installation which ensures it understands its orientation, plus parameter settings to determine at what angle “open” vs “closed” is.
I’m sure the Zooz team can provide more detail, but I was very happy with its performance. And, for me personally, I was super impressed by its shock sensing capability as well, which opens the door for other use cases.
Hope this helps… ![]()
Like Darren, I was in the Beta program. So far, my unit is way more reliable than the older sensors with mechanical sensors I had previously been using. You might give one of these sensors a try…
@darren.stp & @Barkis thank you again for all your help with the beta testing process! Your feedback was invaluable in getting the sensor ready for launch!
@Botched1 great question! The below is an excerpt from an article about the differences that will be published in our Knowledge Base as soon as the new version is released:
The redesigned ZSE43 Tilt | Shock Sensor (Hardware Version 3.0) introduces several hardware improvements that make the sensor more versatile, reliable, and easier to use.
While the device continues to provide tilt and shock detection for garage doors, gates, mailboxes, and other applications, the new hardware brings expanded capabilities that weren’t possible with the previous design.
Redesigned Enclosure
The new ZSE43 now uses the same compact housing as the ZSE44 Temperature | Humidity XS Sensor, replacing the larger enclosure previously used on Hardware Version 2.0. The updated design offers a more modern appearance while maintaining simple installation.
Longer Battery Life
Hardware Version 3.0 now uses a CR2450 battery instead of the smaller CR2032 battery found in Version 2.0. The larger battery provides increased capacity, helping extend battery life between replacements while remaining easy to find and replace.
New 3-Axis Digital Accelerometer
One of the biggest upgrades in Hardware Version 3.0 is the move from a traditional single-axis tilt sensor to a digital triaxial (3-axis) accelerometer.
Unlike Version 2.0, which could only detect a simple vertical tilt, the new sensor measures movement and orientation in three dimensions (X, Y, and Z). Instead of simply determining whether the sensor has tipped from vertical, it continuously understands its position in 3D space.
This provides more accurate tilt detection, improved vibration and shock sensing, and greater flexibility when mounting the sensor in different orientations.
| Features | Hardware Version 2.0 | Hardware Version 3.0 |
|---|---|---|
| Detects vertical to horizontal door opening/closing | ||
| Works when mounted at non-standard angles | ||
| Detects shock | Basic | More Precise |
| Detects movement in 3 dimensions | ||
| Calibration for custom installation angles |
Updated LED Behavior
The LED indicators have also been updated to make it easier to identify the type of event being detected.
-
Vibration or shock trigger: Red LED flashes once
-
Door open or close (tilt) event: Blue LED flashes once
Sensor Calibration
Hardware Version 3.0 introduces sensor calibration for installations that require it.
By default, the sensor is designed to be installed within 0–5° of vertical. If your installation falls within this range, no calibration is necessary. For installations outside of that range, the sensor can now be calibrated to ensure accurate tilt detection.
New Configuration Parameters
Hardware Version 3.0 adds eight new configuration parameters (Parameters 10–17), providing additional customization options that were not available on the previous hardware.
Please let us know if you have any questions!
That’s great info. Thank you @Sara @darren.stp
I wish they would have used the CR2450 in the ZSE41 800LR as well.
What’s the updated release expectation? I haven’t been able to find it in stock yet…
We’ve utilized some additional feedback from our beta testers and are making some adjustments to the firmware, which requires updates to the production line and final testing, so we’re likely looking at mid to late October for a US release (assuming no other unexpected delays arise!)
Ok, sounds good! I’ve got a few projects that will have to hold until their Canadian release… ![]()
Yes, for sure–particularly because the CR2450 seems to hold up better in low temperatures (like an unheated side service door on our garage
), I’m pretty sure a number of us have commented along those lines to Zooz…